Saturday, April 26, 2008

Conspiracy (It's manipulating most of us sublimely and all of us dissonantly)

Four hours and sleep didn't even need to be evasive; it was being completely shut out by something.  The something was demonstrating itself in the form of a throbbing pain going from my ears to the back of my head, making my skull clatter and shake, and then creating shivers all the way down my spinal chord.  It was making bile rise from my stomach and produce a bitter, acid-like taste in the back of mouth.  It was making my toes curl and my fingers twitch.

But I couldn't figure out what it was.

I was not under any excruciating mental nor physical discomfort, and my bladder was not the cause of the distress.  

For a half an hour I rejected every option that I could brainstorm.  I then tried to improvise a symphony in my head so that perhaps the barrier between sleep and me would be weakened,  if not punctured.  The key, I decided, would be B flat major.  

I started with a B flat in my head, and all of a sudden I felt like a knife had cut off one of my testicles, and I realized the cause of my problem.  I burst upright and listened to the two fans humming together.

They were B flat.  
The fan above me was slightly flat.
The fan diagonally to the left was slightly sharp.

"Oh, the joy of having perfect pitch," I thought as I stood up, ready to bash both fans with the nearest stick-shaped object.  But a thought-provoking idea maybe me sit back down.

The reason for this was obvious.  It was intentionally done by the manufacturer of the fan (duh) so as to irk the unsuspecting customer to the point of their mental stability being challenged.  Then the evil corporations could lure the unwary customer in by posting propaganda, thus giving the corporations the power over the masses.

1 comment:

Anya Mochkarova said...

Nowadays, everything is propoganda...